How to Enjoy Endless Hot Showers
If the time has come to replace or upgrade your water heater, a tankless hot water heater may be the perfect solution. Tankless water heaters operate "on-demand", providing hot water as needed. As cold water flows through the unit, it is quickly heated by either natural gas or electricity until the tap is turned off. Not only do these tankless heaters save valuable space, but they are also more cost-effective compared to traditional water heaters with tanks. While the initial upfront costs for purchase and installation may be higher, the long-term benefits in terms of water and fuel bill savings make it a worthwhile investment. Also, a major consideration when determining between gas or electric options, is the amperage requirements for electric tankless water heaters are very high and many homes do not have the capacity to run them without electrical upgrades which can be costly. Before deciding, it's essential to weigh the pros and cons of tankless water heaters.
- Compact Size: Tankless water heaters take up less space than traditional water heaters with tanks, making them ideal for homes with limited space.
- Continuous Hot Water: Provides a constant supply of hot water, eliminating the need to wait for a tank to refill.
- Energy Efficiency: Operates efficiently, heating water only when needed, resulting in energy savings over time.
- Power Dependency: Will not function during power outages, a drawback for both gas and electric models.
- Limited Capacity: Under certain conditions, such as multiple users drawing hot water simultaneously, tankless heaters may have a limited hot water supply.
- Higher Initial Cost: Tankless water heaters are more expensive than traditional water tanks, and the installation costs are typically higher (gas/electric sourcing, venting for gas heaters)
If you're due to install a new hot water heater and want the comforts of long hot showers, consider a tankless water heater. The certified technicians at Atlas Butler can help you assess your specific needs and determine which type of water heater is best suited for your family. Reach out to us at 1-800-FURNACE to schedule a consultation call. You can also use our online scheduler to pick an appointment that works best for your schedule.